Monday, August 4, 2014

Hummingbird and Petunias Composite

Juvenile Ruby Throated Hummingbird and petunias Composite
Available for purchase at Hummer and Petunias
Originally I photographed this little hummer at one of our feeders, but let's face it, it was a rather uninspiring shot.  It would be so much prettier with flowers involved.  So this is what I did...Read more.





Above are the 2 shots I used to create my final image. Both were taken within minutes of each other with the same lighting conditions.   First I did a rough selection of the hummer and deleted the background.  With the hummer now on a  transparent layer I added a another layer below the hummer layer & filled it with white and refined my hummer selection.  I then cut and pasted him on a separate layer on the petunia image and positioned him and flipped him so that he is facing the flowers. Since it was cloudy/overcast and he was evenly lit with the soft diffuse light there was no light/shadow conflict when flipped.  Using a layer mask I brushed with black to remove the leftover background element along his outline so that he blends in with his new background.  So much more interesting don't ya think :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment