Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Getting Sidetracked Can Be a Good Thing

Have you ever started doing one thing only to get sidetracked by something else?  Sometimes it can be a really good thing! 











Well that's what happened when I set out to photograph several unusual mushrooms growing in our lawn. After gathering up my tripod, camera with the 100mm macro lens attached and a towel to lay on I began to photograph the mushrooms. After about 15 minutes of shooting them from various angles etc. I was beginning to get a bit dismayed and a little bored because I just couldn't come up with anything  that really knocked my socks off....mushrooms in the grass, ho-hum.   AHHH!...but then who should come to my rescue & provide a great photographic opportunity, well my cat “Mike”! He, like his sister “Kitty”, turned out to be a very cooperative model. When photographing pets I like to let them do their own thing for the most part, but also add a little coaxing to get those really great shots.  It's makes for a much more interesting photo and really shows their personality.






No comments:

Post a Comment